Friday 5 October 2012

Everyday Skincare Routine

Hello Beauties!

How are you all today? I've had a fairly lazy day today; such is the life of a girl on her gap year...! I have an interview in London next week, so hopefully I'll be gainfully employed soon; it really is tough out there. Having just finished studying psychology I think the break has done me good, but I am definitely ready for a new challenge now, and, of course, to make some moneys in time for the festive season! The boy is coming home this weekend (he is driving as we speak) and so I am really excited to see him. As I am decorating my room at the moment (yay!) he has promised to accompany me to Homebase tomorrow, and, in the evening, to a scary movie.

So, before the mad rush that is always the weekend, I thought I'd do a post about my everyday skincare routine. Before you all get too excited (if you were...) I don't use that many products, and, because I have sensitive skin, try to keep my routine as simple as possible.


So, here we go; my three holy grail skincare products. I start off by using my Clinique Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser (around £16-£17); which, although I have heard little about in the blogging world, I adore. I've tried numerous cleaners, including the ever-so raved about Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish, but I have to say, none compare. This cleanser does what it says on the tin and foams up into a rich and luxurious lather and leaves my visage feeling clean and my pores unclogged. As my skin is extremely sensitive, and, prone to the sudden onset of what can only be described as angry hives, I think this cleanser is one of Clinique's best products. Once I have washed my face (if I have makeup on) I use two pumps of the lovely Avene Gentle Milk Cleanser (£11.50). This cleanser is a toner for dry to very dry sensitive skin and really does what it says by gently removing any makeup left on my face after I have washed it. It has a really creamy consistency and leaves my skin feeling plumped and loved. Finally, I apply a small amount (a little really does go a long way with this product) of my Avene Skin Recovery Cream (£12.50). This product REALLY is amazing. I suspect as a daily moisturiser it may be too rich for many of you out there, but having very dry skin myself I find it perfect. Once in a while when my skin isn't too dry I reach for my Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturiser, which again, is worth the cash.

So, that's about it for my everyday skincare routine! Although it is fairly minimal, I find it works well for my skin and so I tend to reach for these products on a daily basis. The products that I use are fairly expensive, with each coming in over the £10 marker, but I truly believe that if there is one thing worth investing more money in, it's skincare products.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and have enjoyed this post; do let me know what you think, I do so love reading your comments!

Lots of love,

Caitlin <3

No comments:

Post a Comment