Saturday 28 June 2014

#Fragrancelab and some fun with my girls

Hey Beautiful People,

How are you all?

I am continuing to recover fairly well. I say fairly as, well, last week set me back quite substantially. Unfortunately, having had a fairly 'good' week the one prior, last week saw me pretty much incapacitated; I was unable to straighten my leg or and pretty much unable to put any weight on it which sort of, well, sucked.

Anyhow, despite my propensity not to be, I called on the patience I have been forced to acquire over the last 6 months and 'patiently' waited it out. Bearing in mind that it will be Christmas 2014 before I am fully 'fit' again (whatever that means!), I guess I needed to remind myself that a week out, resting a knee that is continuing to heal, wasn't a train smash. Yes, it was frustrating but no, I wasn't going to lose the use of my left limb. All would be ok if I just stopped panicking and calmed the eff down. So, give or take a few 'wobbles' that is what I did. Worked from home and pretty much stayed put with a multitude of cushions, ice packs and painkillers for comfort and True Blood and YouTube for those much needed breaks.

And low and behold, come Saturday, when I was due to meet my favourite females (who you ask? Well, Caitie and Mommy Booth of course) at Selfridges, I felt strong enough on my feet to brave it. Well, one has to have priorities of course and letting this pesky knee of mine get the better of a day of indulgence with my girls - well, no, that was never going to happen.

Anyhow, we had a great day of sale surfing, eating, (pasta and cheesecake), drinking (champers and coffee) and catching up and while I was in a whole other world of pain at the end of it, it was well worth it. It just always is.

As part of our girlie day out, I was treat me to something rather special: a chance to create a bespoke and totally personalised fragrance at the Selfridges Fragrance Lab.



As part of the Selfridges Beauty Project, the Fragrance Lab offers a one-of-a-kind profiling experience, from which you leave with a signature scent that alleges to represent the essence of who you are (for the not insignificant price tag of £65 mind!)

While I am definitely glad I did it and I honestly love the scent and what it 'said about me' as it were, I would have to say that for something as deeply personal as this, 20 minutes is just not long enough to truly commit. While I suppose the journey (which, without giving too much away, takes you on a journey through a scents and objects room and concludes in a pretty peaceful 'fragrance garden'), I didn't really feel like I had enough time to really 'experience' the experience - if that makes any sense at all. I guess I didn't think it was quite long enough to really get comfortable.

Similarly, I had hoped to be afforded the opportunity to learn just a little bit more about the fragrances; I mean, what is it that makes a smell comforting, sexy or playful? And can a smell that is comforting to one bring another out in anxiety induced hives? Unlikely I suppose, but as you can see, I left wanting to learn more than I came away with.

Nevertheless, my inner narcissist enjoyed the 'summary of me' I came away with and while I could pick the science behind the methodology apart if I so deigned (because, you know, I am like, really really clever and all -....), I (and my faithful partners in crime) kind of agreed that in the end, the scent I got, well, it smelt like 'me'!





Its now just a damn shame I won't be able to repurchase it....or maybe I will?! You never know what Selfridges will think of next so I shall certainly be watching this space.  Thank you Selfridges for #fragrance lab



How have you spent your Saturdays? I really would love to hear from you.

As an aside, has anyone seen The Fault in Our Stars (#TFIOS) yet?! Or read the book???

I can't wait to hear from you.

All my love as always,

From the Heart,

Christie
XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment